Joshua A. Kaplan
ATTORNEY AT LAW
At the Kaplan Law Firm, you will find aggressive advocacy focused on Criminal Defense, Business Law, and Business Litigation, and Family Law. At the Kaplan Law Firm, we take pride in being the best "modern law firm" and provide legal information in an easy to understand manner. At the Kaplan Law Firm, we demonstrate the qualities we believe are important to our clients: passion, creativity, communication and a dedication to doing what is right for each client.
We do not simply try to resolve a legal matter faced by our clients, but to resolve it in such a way that leaves you completely satisfied with the results. We understand the difficulty and stress of facing a criminal and family matter or business dispute. We do not back down when representing our clients in disputes or litigation and will always aggressive advocate for our clients. Our goal is to show you that we are willing to go to great lengths to not only meet but also exceed your expectations.
In the end, our goal is to provide effective results, and to be the law firm you turn to any time you encounter a legal challenge
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Kaplan worked in Washington, D.C., as a counter-terrorism analyst and served as a fellow for The Heritage Foundation.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Kaplan is the city prosecutor for the City of Romulus, Michigan. He is active in community politics and outreach, sits on the Michigan Council for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.
Mr. Kaplan earned a bachelor’s degree in political theory, constitutional democracy and international relations at Michigan State University James Madison College. He received his law degree from Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law and obtained his license to practice law in 2012, which qualified him to practice in all Michigan state courts. He gained legal experience during law school by clerking for firms in Michigan and New York.
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2012
- Michigan State University James Madison College
- Bachelor’s degree
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Political Theory, Constitutional Democracy and International Relations
- Fellow, The Heritage Foundation
- Michigan Council, American Israel Public Affairs Committee
- City Prosecutor for City of Romulus
- Center for Terrorism Research at Foundation for Defense, Research Analyst, 2008 to 2009
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Wayne County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Federal Bar Association, Member, Present
Current Employment Position
- Managing Member
- Criminal Defense
- Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Michigan, 2012
- Rising Stars, 2019
- Michigan Super Lawyers
- DBusiness Magazine Top Lawyer